- This event has passed.
Art and Craft of Dialogue
February 1 / 2015 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
It IS possible to dramatically transform the way you communicate.
You can learn to move beyond disagreement or dispute… past misunderstanding and confusion… across barriers both visible and invisible in Miki Kashtan’s The Art and Craft of Dialogue.
In this workshop Miki will focus on practical applications of Nonviolent Communication that demonstrate the power of dialogue to transform human communication. She will:
- Highlight the main blocks or pitfalls to enjoying a mutually satisfying dialogue
- Ferret out NVC principles and practices you can apply to your relationships
- Coach you in how to integrate your new mindset, skills and approaches
What specifically might you learn?
- How to stay open, curious and relaxed while in dialogue – even if you suddenly sense you’re being changed by it
- What it’s like to live free of the desire to change someone else
- Specific listening / reflecting skills to apply before expressing your point of view
- Ways of linking your position to what’s in your heart
- Tips for expressing yourself while remaining vulnerable
- Tools that might make it easier for others to “hear” you without reacting
This workshop is offered free of charge, as part of Miki’s ongoing commitment to gift more and more of her work. Her work is being supported by a growing Circle of Support — learn about it and join it if you are inspired to do so. Many people are doing it without participating in any of her free events. At the workshop, we will ask for money simply to cover the exact amount of the rental expense for the venue.
Because we will be renting a space based on the number of people registering, we ask that you register ahead of time even though this is a free event, and that you make it as strong a commitment to attend as you would if you paid for it. In particular, please let us know ahead of time if your circumstances change and you are unable to attend.