- This event has passed.
Cultivating Inner Freedom: Using the Power of Choice to Lead the Life You Want
April 2 / 2014 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Is there a gap between your intentions and how you actually live? Would you like to be able to be able to choose how you respond more and more of the time?
We all know stories about people who maintain their integrity, be it a commitment to nonviolence or an unpopular position, despite the potential of significant cost to themselves. Gandhi’s life and writings, for example, continually point out the vital role of learning to act despite fear in order to embody the spirit of nonviolence. Each one of us has myriad opportunities on a daily basis to overcome fear and live in full choice and deeper integrity with our values.
This workshop introduces practices that can support you in any one of the following areas and others:
- Making choices based on what’s important and meaningful to you despite fear of consequences
- Transcending habits that no longer serve you
- Having the freedom to ask for what you want and offer what you have
- Embracing your full authenticity and combining it with full care
- Saying “yes” or “no” in full choice even in the face of inner or outer pressure
Like all of Miki’s workshops, you can anticipate lots of engaging interaction, rich discussion, a deep exploration of some of the most significant ways that we can live our full humanity, and, of course, laughter.