How to add or change a learning packet
The learning packets are stored as Woocommerce Products in the backend of the website.
- ADD NEW PRODUCT: Go to Product menu and choose “Add New” – or just click here
- EDIT A PACKET – click on Product in the left-hand menu in the wordpress admin (website backend), then click on the product you want to edit (for example, here’s the PBT one)
The image below shows you what to do
- set title
- check “Virtual” and “Downloadable”
- Set price to 0, not nothing
- Upload the learning packet document
- Put the description into the “Product short description” box – indicate number of pages, AND …
- Add the following text to the description, adjusting the price accordingly:”Please consider your needs and ours, and read the text on the main page to help you think through what you are able and willing to give in support of Miki’s work and BayNVC’s sustainability in supporting that work coming to the world now and in the future.If you’d prefer to have ease and clarity, choose $20″
- Set “Product Image” – add an image to show what the document looks like (you can create this by taking a screenshot of the PDF, or using a PDF tool to “Export to image”)
- Save it!
You now have to add a link to the new product in the Learning Packets page.
Find the text for the new packet (they’re all already listed there), and add a link to the product – you can do this by selecting the text you want to be the link, pressing “Control K”, and typing part of the name of the packet – it will think for a moment then hopefully find it for you – click on it to select it. Save the document. [NOTE: if you’ve created the new product since you last loaded the page, it won’t show up in the search – reload the page to make that work.]